Say Yes to Education Scholarship Program
INFORMATION FOR BUFFALO CITY/CHARTER SCHOOL STUDENTS APPLING TO THE “SAY YES TO
EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM” AT TROCAIRE COLLEGE
Trocaire College is pleased to participate in the Say Yes to Education Scholarship Program. The college provides a total of 12 openings for Buffalo City or Charter School students to receive a Tuition Scholarship at the college if they meet the following conditions of the Say Yes To Education Program:
- Be a resident of the City of Buffalo
- Continuously enroll in a Buffalo Public or Charter high school from at least 9th-12th grades. (Or be legally designated as having refugee status on an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or be an otherwise eligible noncitizen).
- Graduate from a Buffalo Public or Charter School in June 2013 or after.
- Enroll as a full-time student (12 credits per semester) within one academic year after graduation
- Maintain an academic GPA of 2.0 or better
- Apply and remain eligible for financial aid each year by not defaulting on a student aid program, refuse to register for Selective Service as required by law, or are ineligible non-citizen.
APPLY FOR THE SAY YES TUITION SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE AT: www.sayyestoeducation.org/chapter/buffalo
Students applying to Trocaire College must meet all admission requirements found below by May 1, 2013 to be considered for admission under the Say Yes program:
- Are academically eligible for the college program for which they apply
- Apply using the online application found at www.trocaire.edu (Be sure to check application box indicating your desire to be considered for the Say Yes program)
- Contact Ms. Peg Babcock, Director of the Arthur O. Eve HEOP program at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 716-827-2562 to inform her of your application
- Take the College’s Placement Test (ACCUPLACER) by setting an appointment through the Admissions Office at 716-827-2545.
- Send high school transcripts to the College Admissions Office
- Complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafasa.gov
- Apply for a personal identification number (pin) at www.pin.ed.gov to complete your FAFSA form
ALL OF THE ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETED BY MAY 1, 2013 IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SAY YES TUITION SCHOLARSHIP.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE SAY YES TO EDCUATION PROGRAM AT TROCAIRE COLLEGE
Though the Say Yes to Education Program provides tuition assistance to Buffalo Public City/Charter School graduates, it does not provide this financial assistance at private colleges like Trocaire. The Say Yes program is designed primarily for students attending public college and universities. However, Buffalo Public/ Charter School students who wish to attend a private college can receive tuition assistance based on a student’s economic need and academic ability. The Say Yes to Education program verifies to the college that a student has attended a Buffalo City Public/Charter school for four academic years and graduated. Based on verification, up to 12 students can receive tuition assistance at Trocaire. This tuition assistance is provided by Trocaire College however and not by the Say Yes program. As an Urban College located in the City of Buffalo, Trocaire is committed to assisting city students and helping to build a strong community through education.
The Say Yes to Education however, does provide a Choice Grant to those students wishing to attend a private college like Trocaire. The Choice Grant is available for those students whose family income exceeds $75,000 annually. Say Yes To Education matches up to 12 grants for the college.
Choice Grants can be up to $5,000 per year based on the difference between other financial aid awards and the cost of full-time tuition. Choice grants and all other federal/state or institutional aid cannot exceed the cost of full-time undergraduate tuition.
Whether you are applying for a Say Yes to Education Tuition Assistance Scholarship or a Say Yes To Education Choice grant the process of application is the same-start at www.sayyestoeducaton.org/chapter/buffalo